Enterprise Systems Research Group (ESRG@QUT) is a well-established academic program delivering high quality research, teaching and professional education on various topics on Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP).
Associate Professor Darshana Sedera leads the ESRG@QUT group, which offers a rare combination of expertise spanning from highly technical aspects of ERPs to business applications of Enterprise Systems.
We strive for contemporary, rigorous and relevant Enterprise Systems Research.
See our members, profiles and research projects in our Members page.
We engage in Enterprise Systems professional training. Check the next SAP Training session.
We are a certified education partner of the SAP u-academy.
Our News and Event will keep you posted with the latest news of the group.
CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE NEXT SAP TRAINING
Training: SAP TERP 10
Date : End November, 2015
Venue: QUT Gardens Point Campus
Information and Expression of Interest: Click Here
R E C E N T N E W S
A new book on Enterprise Systems by Associate Professor Sedera titled “Enterprise Systems Strategic, Organizational and Technological Dimensions”
Associate Professor Sedera on Queensland Business Monthly
Associate Professor Sedera talks about BIG DATA for the Courier Mail’s Queensland Business Monthly (Queensland’s leading newspaper)
RECENT SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
Executive seminar on Enterprise Systems – Oct 2015 by Regional Sales Manager – SAP Success Factors, Queensland
Executive seminar on Enterprise Systems – July 2015 by NBN & Digital Economy Coordinator of Ipswich City Council
Executive seminar on Enterprise Systems – June 2015 by CIO of SEQ-Water
A new CRM course ! A new Partnership ! TEN Scholarships !
Fujitsu (Australia) partners with the ESRG at QUT to deliver a cutting edge subject on Customer Relationship Management Systems. The sponsorship will include introduce ten (10) merit-based scholarships for those who enrol in the unit. Further, there will be active participation from senior staff of Fujitsu (Australia) as guest lecturers and providing feedback on curriculum development. This partnership also includes a cash contribution from Fujitsu of $110,000 per annum. See below for the photographs of the official media release from QUT and Fujitsu (Australia). It includes A/Professor Darshana Sedera (who led this initiative from QUT), Sachi Lokuge (ESRG member and teaching staff of CRM), Mike Bull (Fujitsu General Manager – Queensland) and Debbie O’Rourke (Fujitsu Principle). For further details, contact A/Professor Darshana Sedera @ email@example.com
|Paper acceptances to ICIS 2015 – The Premier Conference in Information Systems Discipline
Congratulations to the following authors !
|1. Shailesh Palekar, Maura Atapattu, Darshana Sedera, Sachi Lokuge on Spiral of Silence in Enterprise Social Networks|
|2. Maduka Subasinghe and Darshana Sedera on Modularization in Software Development Outsourcing Project Governance|
|3. Abdul Alarifi, Darshana Sedera and Jan Reckeer on Lurker – Poster Behavior in Enterprise Social Media|
|Paper acceptances to in Quarter 1 and 2, 2015|
|1. AJIS (ABDC tier A) – Aisyah, Sedera, Sukie, Abdul and Maura on SME adoption of Cloud ERP
2. AJIS (ABDC tier A) – Shailesh, Sedera and Maura on Black Market Asset Pools
3. PAJIS (ABDC tier B) – Shailesh and Sedera on Competing Complementarity conceptualisation
4. PACIS panel – Sedera, Sachi, Bose and Venky on CRM Innovation
Paper acceptances to ACIS 2014
Our members have 5 accepted papers to the Australasian Conference on Information Systems. Congratulations to the following authors
1. Siti Aisyah, Darshana Sedera, Abdulrahman Alarifi, Sukanlaya Sawang on Technology Adoption
2. Sachithra Lokuge and Darshana Sedera on Innovating with Enterprise Systems
3. Maduka Nuwangi and Darshana Sedera on Extentions to Control Thoery
4. Maura Atapattu, Darshana Sedera on Digital Customer Connectedness
5. Rashel Rahman, Darshana Sedera on the Future of the Service Desk
Associate Professor Sedera on Ch 7 News !
The “Digital Connectedness” research of Maura Atapattu (PhD student at QUT), A/Prof. Darshana Sedera and Prof. T. Ravichandran of Lally School of Management, NY USA appeared on Ch 7 news. The researchers have an accepted forthcoming publication in AJIS (‘A’ ranked journal in ABDC rankings). More details
Paper acceptances at ICIS 2014 – The Premier Conference on Information Systems
– Shailesh Palekar Maura Atapattu and Darshana Sedera at ICIS 2014 on “Responding to Black Markets: Role of IT and Network Structures”
– Rebekah Eden and Darshana Sedera at ICIS 2014 on “The Largest IT Project Failure in the Southern Hemisphere: A Teaching Case”
Panel at PACIS 2014 in China
A/Prof. Darshana Sedera and Sachithra Lokuge of the ESRG@QUT to join HEC-Paris, Munich Tech University and Loughborough University as a Panel on the “Future of Outsourcing in Pacific Asia” at the Pacific Asian Conference on Information Systems in China on the 23-28 June 2014.
Paper acceptances at PACIS 2014 and AMCIS 2014
– Maura Atapattu and Darshana Sedera at PACIS 2014 on “Firm-Customer Digital Connectedness: Conceptualization, Measurement and Implications”
– Sachithra Lokuge and Darshana Sedera at PACIS 2014 on “Enterprise Systems Lifecycle-Wide Innovation Readiness”
– Bonny Tushi, Darshana Sedera and Jan Recker at AMCIS 2014 on “Green IT Segment Analysis: An Academic Literature Review”
– Sachithra Lokuge and Darshana Sedera at AMCIS 2014 on “Enterprise System Lifecycle-wide Innovation”
Journal Paper Acceptances in 2014
– Maura Atapattu and Darshana Sedera at the Australian Journal of IS (ABDC tier A journal)
– Shailesh Palekar and Darshana Sedera at the Electronic Commerce Research (ABDC tier A journal)
– Mary Tate, Darshana Sedera, Ephraim McLean and Andrew Burton-Jones at the CAIS (ABDC tier A journal)
– Rebekah Eden, Darshana Sedera and Felix Tan at the CAIS (ABDC tier A journal)
– Maduka Nuwangi, Darshana Sedera, Shirish Srivastava and Glen Murphy at the VINE : The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems (ABDC tier B journal)